cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ashleys
Level 7

3 viruses dected

I have 3 viruses dected on my last full PC scan which was moments ago.

Viruses and Trojans Quarentined: Artemis!7F706C6E8821 <- This code cannot be found on the Mcafee website. [This code was given when the scan was finished, this is the code for the trojan, virus I have?]

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: 3 viruses dected

Moved to Malware Discussion > Artemis

Artemis is not the name of an infection, it;s the name given to a detection of something unknown and ther eis a chance that it could be a false detection.

You might be able to determine what it was by looking in the quarantine section of SecurityCenter/

Open SecurityCenter and click Navigation

Scroll down to Quarantined and Trusted Items and open each section.

It should be there with a path to wherever it came from.  That might give you an idea what it is.

To deal with Artemis that is a false detection read here:  https://community.mcafee.com/thread/2016

Otherwise reinstate whatever is there and then run GetSusp and it will automatically submit the files to the labs but make sure you first enter your email in Preferences so they can get back to you eventually.

See:  http://www.mcafee.com/us/downloads/free-tools/getsusp.aspx

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 15/07/14 3:28:58 EDT PM
0 Kudos
ashleys
Level 7

Thanks for the reply.

But Windows Secuirty on Windows 8 is Windows Firewall right ?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Not if you have McAfee installed.  It controls everything.  This isn't anything to do with your firewall anyway.    Open McAfee and look for those things as I suggested,.

0 Kudos
ashleys
Level 7

Thanks.

Downloaded GetSusp and it found 11 suspicious and 1 Unknown.

Sent the logs to McAfee.

I hope this is nothing serious, my PC is kinda new.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Be careful what you download and where you download from.   Don't file share if at all possible.   Always keep Windows up to date including any parts you may not use (Internet Explorer for instance if you use another browser).  Read the last link in my signature below for some extra tools and suggestions.

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

As Moderator Ex_Brit stated, you have to be extremely cautious when Downloading something.And always keep everything up-to-date.

You may wish to read this article from our fellow Moderator Hayton

Wishing you all the very best,

Regards,

Catdaddy

McAfee Moderator

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
dmeier
Level 13

Hello Ashley, this does look like a malicious file, but I'll have it reviewed more closely, and reply back.

0 Kudos