cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wilsondesign
Level 7

1. constant "real-time scanning is off" 2. stuck "script checking is off"

Hello, i had an issue with recieving a constant constant "real-time scanning is off" warning which only turned off momentarily when i clicked "turn on".

almost instantly it would warn me again "real-time scanning is off".

I even reinstalled and restarted.

Now after i went into the "Viruses and Spyware Protection" tab and looked into the options under "real-time scanning" and checked that everything is checked except "network drivers",  it is ACTIVE but has a relentless warning that "script checking is off" eventhough I see that "Scripts in Internet Explorer and Firefox" is checked.

Everytime I go to this section i have to say "turn on" before i can see the options.

The constant "real-time scanning is off" warning has stopped, but the "script checking is off" warning remains strong.

thanks, allen

P.S. I did get a firefox warning that Adobe Flash 9. action error has occcured

Error #2044: Unhandled IOErrorEvent:. text=Error #2035: URL Not Found.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
sameer172006
Level 12

Re: 1. constant "real-time scanning is off" 2. stuck "script checking is off"

Wislondesign,

This happens due to the sudden shut down of the core McAfee services.

Now that you have already uninstalled and reinstalled, I suggest you follow the instructions given below and I am nore than sure, This should take care of the issue. But I am just curious to know which version of McAfee and what patch is it that you are running ?

Please respond ASAP so that I can list out the instructions.

Sameer

0 Kudos
wilsondesign
Level 7

Hello, below is the info. Now that I have had assistance from your online tech's taking over my system, the real time scanning only turns off every hour or so- ian it is still annoying and disheartening.

as soon as i click "turn on" and then "contact technical assistance", it goes "secure" for an hor or so. pleas help. thanks, Allen

3-User McAfee Total Protection (Windows)
Subscription: 1, Via: McAfee
Detailed Information About My Protection Products
Expiration Date History Download
3/8/2011 [Renew]View [Help]
0 Kudos
sameer172006
Level 12

Wilsondesign,

This is a home users product. I suggest you to please close this thread and re open it under the Home Users community. I am not a moderator or else I would have moved it to the right place.

Thank you

0 Kudos