cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jipdee77
Level 7

1 DAT / Engine update + Artemis!89013AC4F9D7

Hi,

I just use MVT, it tells me that DAT and Engine is not a day I do repair but without success, what should I do to fix this problem, is there an update to install. My antivirus internet security version "Product Name: VirusScan. Product Version: 15.6.238.Language: en

Partner: 642. "My windows 7 system. Thanks for your help.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 23/02/13 6:35:41 EST AM
0 Kudos
16 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: 1 DAT / Engine update + Artemis!89013AC4F9D7

Check your system clock for accuracy.

Check that Windows 7 is totally up to date (SP1 plus all updates), including Internet Explorer and all it's add-ins, even if you use another browser.

Open SecurityCenter and click About and tell me more details of what it says for SecurityCenter and for VirusScan.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 23/02/13 6:35:55 EST AM
0 Kudos
jipdee77
Level 7

Hello,

Desoler to reply late. Everything seems to date on my system, about virusscan attached picture

virusscan.JPG

I found that this problem has appeared since a trojan was dectecter,

it was quarantined and removes the alert is triggered quarantine toujour now when I browse on mozilla firefox. Stinger I download latest version, it is not detect. técharger I also see the result GetSusp mail below

mail.JPG

Les fichiers susceptible d'être infecté son voir photo ci- joint

cheval de troie 1.JPG

cheval de troie 2.JPG

What should I do to correct this problem. Thanks for your help.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 23/02/13 6:36:10 EST AM
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

I have altered the heading of this thread and moved it to the Artemis detection area.   Artemis is the 'unknowns' detection of VirusScan.   I suggest you also scan with Stinger and Malwarebytes Free both linked in the last link in my signature below.

Other than that your installation looks normal to me.

0 Kudos
jipdee77
Level 7

Hi Brit ex

I used Malwarebytes and Stinger all not find anything on my computer what do I do to get rid of trojans? thank you

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Hopefully someone from McAfee labs will answer soon,  The trojans were removed by the software so you need not worry.

0 Kudos
showvik
Level 12

Hi,

We are investigating this file. We will provide an update as soon as the analysis completes.

Regards,

Showvik

exbrit
Level 21

The DAT out of date reading by MVT is not necessarily a problem.  DAT's are often delayed reaching everyone.

0 Kudos
Hayton
Level 18

This is the same issue reported in another thread :

https://community.mcafee.com/message/276645#276645

0 Kudos
showvik
Level 12

Hi,

You should have an Extra DAT which was sent as a response to the submission ID 825507. Kindly run a full scan after checking in the Extra DAT as mentioned in the response. Let us know if any more detections occur. If so, check if the malware were deleted and reboot the machine, once the scan completes. Initiate another full scan and if no more detections occur, we can consider it gone. This should fix the re-detections issue.

To check in the Extra DAT, you may have to disable Access Protection under Navigation -> General Settings.

Kindly keep us posted.

Regards,

Showvik

0 Kudos