cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrading to macOS Sierra kills ePO

Jump to solution

When I install McAfee Endpoint Security for Mac 10.2.1 via the McAfee Agent 5.0.1.283 onto a brand new, freshly imaged Mac running macOS Sierra 10.12.2, it installs and communicates with the ePO server just fine.  HOWEVER, if I take a Mac running El Capitan 10.11.6 that already has McAfee Endpoint Security for Mac 10.2.1 and the McAfee Agent 5.0.1.283 installed and functioning properly and then upgrade that Mac to Sierra, McAfee loses all Update repository info that was previously there. As a result, it never receives any new DAT info and it puts the Macs out of compliance.    When I try to uninstall the product by running /usr/local/McAFee/uninstall EPM it gives an error and never uninstalls.  Because I can't uninstall it, I am unable to reinstall the product either manually or by pushing from the server.  This has happened on 6 different Macs and I confirmed the cause by comparing the settings on a Mac before and after upgrading to Sierra.    How can I fix this?  Is there an update coming to fix this before I have to upgrade the rest of our Macs?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: upgrading to macOS Sierra kills ePO

Jump to solution

Hi

You have two requirements to run ENSM on macOS 10.12.x

The McAfee agent needs to be running version 5.0.4.449 (449 build is implied by installing the hot fix for MA)

ENS must be running 10.2.1 Hot fix 1159589

Both of the these indicated hot fixes add macOS 10.12.x compatibility and fix some issues.

Please see the following KB article for version compatibilities:

McAfee Corporate KB - Supported platforms, environments, and operating systems for Endpoint Security...

We are uplifting our fleet next week to fix this issue within our own enterprise.

HTH

Regards

Rich

Volunteer Moderator - Business Products

7 Replies

Jump to solution

EDIT:  the version of the agent we have is 5.0.4.283.   Not 5.0.1...  sorry about that.

Reliable Contributor catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 8

Jump to solution

​   Could you kindly assist this user please?

I have asked 2 very knowledgeable individuals to add to the discussion.

All the Best

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi

You have two requirements to run ENSM on macOS 10.12.x

The McAfee agent needs to be running version 5.0.4.449 (449 build is implied by installing the hot fix for MA)

ENS must be running 10.2.1 Hot fix 1159589

Both of the these indicated hot fixes add macOS 10.12.x compatibility and fix some issues.

Please see the following KB article for version compatibilities:

McAfee Corporate KB - Supported platforms, environments, and operating systems for Endpoint Security...

We are uplifting our fleet next week to fix this issue within our own enterprise.

HTH

Regards

Rich

Volunteer Moderator - Business Products

Reliable Contributor catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Jump to solution

Thank you Rich For your prompt (Helpful) advice !

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

Jump to solution

Jump to solution

I just notified our ePO administrator, he updated the agent on the serve,r and I pushed it out to the broken installations and the functionality was restored. I will make sure this gets pushed to the rest of the Macs before we move forward with Sierra upgrades.  Thank you.

Reliable Contributor Troja
Reliable Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Jump to solution

Hello ​,

as Richard explained, always take a look at the "Supported Environments" notes for McAfee products when updating to new Version or Patch Levels on Operating Systems.

This should be a Default Approach at any System upgrade. McAfee KB51109 is the Master Article for any McAfee Product. There you can figure out easily which Version are needed.

Cheers

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community