cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ePolicy Orchestrator 5.6.0 and Mac OSX El Capitan version 10.11.2

Since upgrading our Macs to El Capitan, OSX version 10.11.2, the software installed by ePolicy Orchestrator 5.6.0 will not install and will therefore not work on our Macs.  Tech support (really lousy) said the McAfee software is not compatible.  They suggested I contact customer service about a product that is compatible.  I contacted customer service (really lousy) and that was news to them.  They were going to have their SMB group call me about the issue, they did not (really lousy).  My question is, what McAfee Antivirus product is compatible with the latest version of Mac OS?  I was surprised at how lousy tech support and customer service is.  I guess when it is not U. S. based, it's a problem.  Any assistance is  appreciated.

11 Replies
Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 12

Re: ePolicy Orchestrator 5.6.0 and Mac OSX El Capitan version 10.11.2

Moved provisionally to Business > Mac and Linux Products for faster response.

---

Peter

Thank you  Peter

Reliable Contributor twenden
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 12

The version that are running, which support El Capitan, is Endpoint Protection for Mac version 2.3.0.1791 and EndPoint Protection for Mac - Anti-Malware  version 9.8.0.5467. These should be available for download under your current grant number. You say that your ePO is version 5.6.0 this must be a typo as the latest version is 5.3.1.

Thanks for the reply!  When I log into manage.mcafee.com, it comes up as ePolicy Orchstrator 5.6.0.  I double checked it.

The versions on this site are: Endpoint Security Firewall for Mac 10.0.10; Endpoint Security Platform 10.0.1; Endpoint Threat Prevention Mac 10.0.0; Endpoint Security Web Control for Mac 10.0.0.  I don't know how these versions relate to what you suggested??

Oops, first version was 10.0.0 not 10.0.10, my bad

Reliable Contributor
Message 8 of 12

The version 10.x is McAfee's new endpoint security suites. Even the windows version has version 10.x. Have yet to look at this updated version as 9.8x is still supported and work with el capitan. Can't migrate to the 10.x versions just yet as they require an updated ePO agent 5.0.2.

Thank!  I'm still at a loss of what to do with what we purchased.

Reliable Contributor
Message 10 of 12

WE had the our McAfee rep come into visit us yesterday. He presented us with these new Endpoint Security suites 10.x. I asked them if they are going to replace what we have like VirusScan 8.8i for Windows. He said eventually but these products are so new. They are trying to have all the products work under one umbrella hence the suites. Currently, you have to install products seperately like HIPS, VIrusScan, Web protection like siteadvisor.

Since this product is so new, I am going to wait for it to mature and stick to the versions we are currently using. It is confusing for all of use when they change to new versions. I feel your pain.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community