Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

Vscan for Mac not installing automatically via ePO - I have to modify the task + do an agent wakeup

Hi,

I have a problem with Macs not initiating the task to install Vscan for Mac.

I have ePO 4.5.753 (awaiting re-posting of patch 2/3)

The Mac support staff install the 4.5.0.1453 agent on Macs when they set them up and then the Macs are supposed to connect to the ePO server and install Vscan for Mac 9.0.0.4156.

At the Mac group (sorted by tag- Mac OSX)  I have two tasks- one to install VScan (run immediately) and another to do a dat/engine/patch upgrade (run daily).

My macs appear in ePO, but it seems that i have to modify the policy (just slightly) and wakeup the client to get it to kick off the task.

The support guys aren't too happy as they sit and wait for it to install and end up having to call me to ask why its not installing.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening or is there  a command line option to force the task scheduler to restart from the machine in hope that the support guys can manually kick off the process?

I attach a log file of the agent log.

at 13:00 I changed the policy and then did a agent wakup and task update. And it then restarts the task scheduler and starts installing.

Thanks
Jane

Message was edited by: jmcleish on 17/06/10 07:13:31 CDT
2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Vscan for Mac not installing automatically via ePO - I have to modify the task + do an agent wakeup

I've spoken to Tech support regarding this issue. It's something that Tier III have seen and been able to reproduce and appears to be an issue with McAfee Agent 4.5.

If you haven't already created a case with Tech Support, I'd recommend that you do this.

Thanks,

Rod.

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 3

Re: Vscan for Mac not installing automatically via ePO - I have to modify the task + do an agent wakeup

Thanks for this info Rod. That's great.

I'm on holiday right now, but will open a case when i get back.

Cheers

Jane

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community