Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jnojr
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

VSE for Linux 1.9 monitor - bad credentials

I can log on to the system in question with the nails user and the password I set.  I can openssl s_client -host 127.0.0.1 -port 65443 and 'auth nails <mypassword>' and that works.  But when I try to https://192.168.56.3:55443/ I get "Error: bad credentials" (NOT error code 34)

I'm trying to find logs or any ideas that'll help me figure this out.

5 Replies
exbrit
Level 21
Message 2 of 6

Re: VSE for Linux 1.9 monitor - bad credentials

Moved to Mac and Linux Products for best support

---

Peter

Aidan
Level 14
Message 3 of 6

Were the prerequistes for pam.i686 and libgcc.i686 and their dependencies met before installing VSEL -  these are outlined in this doc :-   McAfee KnowledgeBase - Error 34 (authentication failure) when logging into VirusScan Enterprise for ...

jnojr
Level 7
Message 4 of 6

Yes, both are installed.

This particular case turned out to be some problem with cookies or the browser... I got this problem in Safari, but was able to connect with Chrome.  Yay!  So I installed on to the first of my production systems... and NOW I get the Error Code 34.  KB77479 didn't help.  Is there no logging beyond the megabyte of gibberish dumped by strace?  I've been parsing through looking for 'error' or other words that might indicate a problem, but I'm coming up with nothing.

jnojr
Level 7
Message 5 of 6

N/M my install script isn't setting the 'nails' password correctly :-/

According to KB83792 dated 12/10/2015, nss-softokn-freebl (32-bit) is a dependency for McAfee VirusScan Enterprise for Linux (VSEL) 1.9.x, 1.7.1.

If this is so then McAfee VirusScan Enterprise for Linux (VSEL) 1.9.x, 1.7.1 is not compatible with Redhat EL 5 since there is no rpm package available for nss-softokn-freebl on redhat EL 5, only for Redhat EL6/7.