Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
twenden
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

Users are having issues with Apple Mail and Endpoint Security Threat Prevention 10.7.5.163

Jump to solution

We are running Threat Prevention 10.7.5.163 on Mac running Big Sur. One of our IT admins is reporting that several users are saying their Apple Mail is not loading the body of messages when McAfee is installed. Uninstalling McAfee allows Apple Mail to work as expected. Though when I reinstall it, the issue returns. I've also tried turning off scanning of Apple Mail messages in the McAfee preferences but that doesn't seem to have any effect.

Has anyone else seen this issue?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vivs
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 5

Re: Users are having issues with Apple Mail and Endpoint Security Threat Prevention 10.7.5.163

Jump to solution

Hello @twenden 

Thanks for your post.

I would suggest you to please get a Service Request open with Support Team.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

4 Replies
vivs
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 5

Re: Users are having issues with Apple Mail and Endpoint Security Threat Prevention 10.7.5.163

Jump to solution

Hello @twenden 

Thanks for your post.

I would suggest you to please get a Service Request open with Support Team.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

twenden
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

Thanks. Have created a SR and working through some the suggestions that were made to us.

ChrisQ
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

Hi @twenden 

Did you get this resolved? I am getting reports of similar issues

twenden
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

Chris,

The fix in KB91337 fixed the issue on any system where users are reporting Apple Mail issues. 

Below is what tech support got me to do.

Log on to EPO
2. Open the upper left [≡] menu, policies, and policy catalog.
3. Click Endpoint Security Threat Prevention in the left pane.
4. Click the category On-Access Scan in the right pane.
5. On the far right of McAfee Default, click View, then click Duplicate.
6. Give it a suitable name and click OK to save.
7. At the far right of the created policy, click Edit to open the details.
8. Under Process Settings --> process types --> scanning: switch from Let McAfee decide to Let me decide and select only When writing to disk.
9. Click Save at the bottom right to save.

Apply the policy to one of the affected machines and check whether the issue still persists.

If it works, please try to switch the ENSM to the async mode by following https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB91337 and let me know whether it helps.

With ENSM 10.7.5 TP now supports System Extensions on macOS Catalina and BigSur. ENSM 10.7.5 provides OAS support in two modes "Sync" and Async" mode.

Sync mode: This is similar to kext mode as earlier, where the scanning for reading happens in block mode, and writes are scanned in deferred mode.
Async mode: This is similar to kextless mode earlier, where both read and write events are scanned in a deferred manner.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community