cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

Upgrade ENSL failure through McAfee ePO

We are working on the ENSL upgrade for our Linux sevrers through McAfee ePO.. For some linux servers , upgrade did not happen through ePO task. How do i investigate? Where do i start from

5 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 6

Re: Upgrade ENSL failure through McAfee ePO

First i would start by looking at the machine itself. 

You can check the mcafee agent logs or even try to install ENSL manually on the box.

McAfee Support

Benjamin Ellis

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 6

Hello @Uthra ,

As you said on some linux server upgrade did not happen from epo, I would suggest to look at the task which you run on that machine, go to server task logs> select the task for deployment which you ran > select sub task > select the system which failed to upgrade .

Here you will see the error message what happened and why the installation has failed.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Yash T
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

Go to cd /var/McAfee/agent/logs/ location.

Locate the file name McScript_deploy.log

That log will show you if the package downloaded and if install started.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 6

Another point, if you are deploying it from EPO and task executed fine, you will see ensltp-epo-setup.log under /tmp folder. If that file is not there that means either task has not reached to machine or it did not invoke. In that case we would need to look at the Agent logs which is located at /var/McAfee/agent/logs location.

Hope this helps

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

Hi Uthra,

I would recommend you to follow the below article which will tell you where to look and what logs to investigate for deployment related issues.

https://community.mcafee.com/t5/ePolicy-Orchestrator/HOW-TO-TROUBLESHOOT-CLIENT-UPDATE-DEPLOYMENT-FA...

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a Solution" if this reply resolves your query!

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community