cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

Threat Prevention and Firewall of ENSM Disabled after MacOS upgrade to macOS Big Sur ver 11.1

Jump to solution

Hi, I have a personal Macbook Pro but I have to run a Company security access software for working at home. My company's security policy requests McAfee Endpoint Security for Mac (ENSM)  must be installed and DAT must keep up-to-date.

I met a problem before but it was solved with the help of community professional engineer (https://community.mcafee.com/t5/Mac-and-Linux-Products/McAfee-Endpoint-Security-for-Mac-ENSM-10-6-6-...

ENSM worked well since then. My macOS upgraded for several times. The last version is Catalina 10.16.x and ENSM version is 10.7.0 (142). 

On Dec 16, I upgrade macOS to Big Sur 11.1. But Threat Prevention and Firewall of ENSM Disabled after reboot. I cannot recover them to enabled status. I tried reboot Macbook for several times. But it doesn't work. 

I really need your help on the issue. The log (/var/log/McAfeeSecurity.log) is enclosed.Screenshot 2020-12-16 at 1.42.27 PM.pngScreenshot 2020-12-16 at 1.41.58 PM.pngScreenshot 2020-12-16 at 1.41.36 PM.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AjaySundar
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

Re: Threat Prevention and Firewall of ENSM Disabled after MacOS upgrade to macOS Big Sur ver 11.1

Jump to solution

Hi @Former Member,

Good day to you!

The only version that is compatible with the MacOS Big Sur is the latest ENSMTP version 10.7.5.

To get the ENS up and working you will have to upgrade the existing one to 10.7.5

You can check this on the supported platform article below:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB84934

I hope this helps.

Regards,

AJ

View solution in original post

2 Replies
AjaySundar
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

Re: Threat Prevention and Firewall of ENSM Disabled after MacOS upgrade to macOS Big Sur ver 11.1

Jump to solution

Hi @Former Member,

Good day to you!

The only version that is compatible with the MacOS Big Sur is the latest ENSMTP version 10.7.5.

To get the ENS up and working you will have to upgrade the existing one to 10.7.5

You can check this on the supported platform article below:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB84934

I hope this helps.

Regards,

AJ

View solution in original post

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 3 of 3

Jump to solution

Dear Ajay,

Glad to receive your quick response!

It is really a pity that it is a version compatible issue. I have to go to office and contact our IT dept. for the new version of ENSM. It is the only solution. Thank you.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community