cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some Linux systems are getting DAT updates and some aren't

Where do I start to troubleshoot this kind of problem?  VSEL seems to be working properly on the systems not getting DAT updates.  Are there files to check, firewall settings to check, or anything else?  I have found zero information in the manuals or KBs so far?

Thanks in advance,

Jason

4 Replies
Aidan
Level 14
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Re: Some Linux systems are getting DAT updates and some aren't

The update process is handed off to the installed McAfee Agent/CMA

4.8.x agent - /opt/McAfee/cma/scratch/etc - files, log, log.x and mcscript.log

5.0.x agent - /var/McAfee/logs   - masvc and mcscript logs

So do I need to check the client logs (Linux)?  Or should I check the servers logs (Windows Server 2k8)?

Also since DAT updates seem to be a completely random thing what would be the best way to find a failure in the logs?  Can I log into the client and tell it to pull DAT updates manually then watch the logs?

Thanks,

Jason

Aidan
Level 14
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 5 of 5

If not ePO managed and they have not adjusted defaylt task or created new Update Task - it will run every night at 12 midnight.

If ePO managed and ePO agent or product update tasks are applied - then they will run on that schedule.

Check /opt/NAI/LinuxShield/bin/nails task -l

This will list available tasks  - the first one  is 1.  LinuxShield Update Task 

Run this with /opt/NAI/LinuxShield/bin/nails task -r 1

The logs will record the failure based on time you/they run the task .  I don't know if you can post failures, send via PM or open SR with support so they can be examined.