Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

Settings on a MAC to Allow ENS Install/Updates from ePO

Good day,

I've got about 100 MACs with varying OS versions.  I've checked the documentation for notes on pushing ENS to MACs, but haven't seen anything on how to set up the MAC to receive the updates.  Unfortunately, management won't add the systems to AD, so I cannot do it via an AD login.  Most, but not all systems have an Administrative account, but even using this account some systems are not getting the updates. 

I've seen where you have to manually allow WC, for instance, to work via the MAC security settings.  Does something simliar have to be done for TP?  What about for recieving DAT or program updates from the ePO server.

Thanks for the help,

DocB

Labels (1)
2 Replies
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 2 of 3

Re: Settings on a MAC to Allow ENS Install/Updates from ePO

You can set up a McAfee agent Product Update task to update ENS for MAC. The update task should include the following. Or if you arleady have an update task to update ENS for windows systems you can check the stuff below and have one task that updates ENS for MACs and windows. 

Signatures and engines: Mac Engine, AMCore Content Package

Patches and service packs: Endpoint Security Threat Prevention for Mac. 

Tags (1)
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 3 of 3

Re: Settings on a MAC to Allow ENS Install/Updates from ePO

eth0,

I'm aware of how to set up the tasks and the ones I've set up work, if the MAC is configured correctly to allow such.  I'm asking what has to be done on the MAC to allow remote installation of files/updates.  Similar to configuring Security Settings to allow WC to work.  Does a list of these settings exist and what version of MAC OS is required?

Thanks,

DocB

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community