cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-install of Agent and DAT update ENSL

Jump to solution

Hello guys,

1. If I want to re-install agent, usually I uninstall ISecTP (/opt/isec/ens/threatprevention/bin/uninstall-isectp.sh), uninstall agent (rpm -e MFEcma, rpm -e MFErt). Then I install agent, followed by ISecTP(ENSL). This usually resolves a problem with not updated DAT/AMcore.My question: is there a simpler way to re-install the Agent ?

2. How to initiate DAT update from Linux command line ?

Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee tlange
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

Re: Re-install of Agent and DAT update ENSL

Jump to solution

when the dats aren't updating, did you happen to notice in epo for the properties of the linux machine, if it showed endpoint security for linux threatprevention under the products tab?

also could you check in ma 5.6 for linux and upgrade one system to the 5.6 version? 

there is a kb that goes through a few of the main reasons for dats not updating

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB91276&actp=null&viewlocale=en_US&showDraft=f...

if none of these suggestions resolve the issue then i would collect the requested data from the kb and open a support ticket so we can get this resolved for you. 

3 Replies
McAfee Employee tlange
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

what version of the agent are you running and what version of ensl is it?

if you are running into an issue with the dats not updating, you shouldn't have to reinstall the agent to get it working again.  this would indicate there is an underlying problem that needs to be addressed either on the ma or ensl side. 

have you opened a support ticket for this issue?

also to run an update task from cmd line you would do the following

list the tasks

./isecav --listtasks)

run the task

./isecav --runtask --index <index_number>

Jump to solution

Thank you tlange.

First at all I tried to analyze the masvc, msscript logs but I didnt find anything. Seriously, there is almost nothing publicly available to help with DAT not updated troubleshoot. I did find something for ENS windows, performed some checks but I could find root cause.

I did uninstall and install again ENSL -> still unable to update DAT. I did restart also isectp (/opt/isec/ens/threatprevention/bin/isectpdControl.sh restart)

I did uninstall ENSL, Agent. I did install the same Agent 5.5.1, ENSL 10.2.3 and I was able to update the DAT to recent release. This clearly confirms an Agent issue

However what issue ? Could you advise me some document, some steps, anything helpful to check what could cause the problem with outdated DAT ? Anything helpful is very welcomed, and I can use it next time on another server with similar issues.

Please advise how to read masvc logs.

McAfee Employee tlange
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

when the dats aren't updating, did you happen to notice in epo for the properties of the linux machine, if it showed endpoint security for linux threatprevention under the products tab?

also could you check in ma 5.6 for linux and upgrade one system to the 5.6 version? 

there is a kb that goes through a few of the main reasons for dats not updating

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB91276&actp=null&viewlocale=en_US&showDraft=f...

if none of these suggestions resolve the issue then i would collect the requested data from the kb and open a support ticket so we can get this resolved for you. 

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator