cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

McAfee VirusScan Enterprise for Linux install on standalone machine

Hello,

I want to install McAfee on a standalone Linux machine that has no internet access. I downloaded the trial for "McAfee VirusScan Enterprise for Linux" but when I tried to install it produced an error message:

MFEcma(x86_64) 5.0.5.658 or above is required for installation to continue.

Does the trial not include everything for a standalone install?

7 Replies
User91972758 Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 8

Re: McAfee VirusScan Enterprise for Linux install on standalone machine

It doesn't seem like it, not in this particular case.

That dependency, I believe, is trying to look for a piece of the McAfee Agent.
LKS McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 8

I would recommend you the below article which has step by step VSEL installation method.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB81135

The KB article says VSEL 1.9.2, but it is applicable to VSEL 2.x.

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a Solution" if this reply resolves your query!

LKS McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 8

Hold on, may i what is the OS version and VSEL version that you are trying to install....?

I'm trying to install this on CentOS 7. I'm not sure on what version the eval but it did include this file: ISecTP-10.2.2-1098-Eval-standalone.tar.gz

Looking over the install instructions it says that it requires "McAfee Agent" to be installed on the system but it never came with the eval so I'm not sure where I would get that.

LKS McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 8

Thank you for providing more information. ISecTP is belongs to ENSLTP (Endpoint security for Linux) product not VirusScan Enterprise. Both are two different product. I suggest you install ENSLTP instead VSEL

So, if you are installing ENSLTP Standalone version, then you have to install Agent before as it is prerequisites for the point product. You can download  Agent from product download site. If you are going to install ENSLTP 10.6, then download Agent 5.6 from product download site and install.

Agent installation method on non windows : 

* Download Agent from download site

* unzip the package

* Execute the below command on terminal window.

sudo chmod +x install.sh

sudo ./install.sh -i

Post that install ENSLTP by following the installation guide.

https://docs.mcafee.com/bundle/endpoint-security-10.6.0-installation-guide-linux/page/GUID-D0BC7521-...

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a Solution" if this reply resolves your query!

I'm trying to look through the downloads to get the agent but I'm not having any luck. However I think I found a better solution by using McAfee VirusScan Command Line for Linux. I was able to easily install and update with the latest DAT file without any need for an agent.

Before you begin:

• Make sure that there should be no user named as “nails” or group named “nailsgroup
    on Linux machine

• Make sure, that you should have “root” privileges to install McAfee Virus Scan Enterprise
    for the Linux.

• For 64 bit Linux machine, install pam.i686 and libgcc.i686
    (Example: 64-bit CentOS (Minimal or Full install set) or RedHat 6.x)

#yum install pam.i686                                    (You must accept install of "all" depenedencies)
#yum install libgcc.i686                                  (You must accept install of "all" depenedencies)

Step 1. Extract the package of “McAfeeVSEForLinux-1.9.2.zip” or “McAfeeVSEForLinux-
2.0.3.zip” according to your OS version via unzip command.

Step 2. Start the installation via execute the command “bash McAfeeVSEForLinux-1.9.2.29197-
installer” and then enter the below command.

#bash McAfeeVSEForLinux-1.9.2.29197-installer

(Note: Package “McAfeeVSEForLinux-1.9.2.29197-installer’ must have the execution
permission)

Enter Accept

Enter below command for verification of McAfee AV installation in Linux OS:/etc/init.d/nails
status” or “service nails status

Hope: Its helpful

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community