cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 10

McAfee Endpoint Security for Linux Threat Prevention 10.6.9 On Demand Scan failing

i installed Mcafee endpoint security for Linux Threat prevention 10.6.9 both centos 7 server and ubuntu 18 server, the mfetpd.service is running perfectly, but there was an issue, I tested with eicar virus, when I start scanning from Mcafee epo GUI it showing full scan successful completed, but when i start the scanning after 15 minutes, it's showing  On Demand Scan failed.

image.png

In Linux CLI I didn't  touch anything. it showing stopped by userimage.png

ENSL 10.6.9

Mcafee agent Version: 5.6.5.236

Mcafee EPo 5.10.0

Thanks in advance.

9 Replies
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 10

Re: McAfee Endpoint Security for Linux Threat Prevention 10.6.9 On Demand Scan failing

Collect the ENSLTP MER and agent MER from the machine. and look into the ODS logs for details.

Point Product MER

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB88197 

Agent MER 

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB83005

Level 9
Message 3 of 10

Re: McAfee Endpoint Security for Linux Threat Prevention 10.6.9 On Demand Scan failing

Hello @gururaj 

Here the odsreport

image.png

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 10

By this screenshot the Fullscan  is completed successful, for more investigation raise Support case.

Level 9
Message 5 of 10

Thanks, Gururaj
Level 9
Message 6 of 10

Hello @gururaj,

image.png

I have doubt that for "Install Threat Prevention"(ENSL) is it mandatory to install them in the /tmp file or else we can install another directory (own directory) i create own directory then i install the "install-mfetp.sh

image.png

Thanks. 

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 10

Hi,

you can install from different location using the alttmppath command 

alttmppathAllows ENSLTP to change the default folder location from where ENSLTP is installed. In the absence of this option, ENSLTP is installed from the /tmp folder by default. ENSLTP 10.5.4 introduces this option.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB88299

This value, "/installFolderPath", is the path given to extract the install files to the alternate temp folder.   it has nothing to do with changing the installation directory path.  that will always be /opt/isec for  below 10.6.6 and /opt/McAfee/ above 10.6.6
Level 9
Message 8 of 10

Hi @gururaj

Thanks for reply

so you're saying I can install the ENSL 10.6.9  anywhere or another director, as you see i create a /antivirus/ENSL, so it won't effect full scan, right!image.png

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 9 of 10

No you can not install in other directory, it can only be extracted to different location before the installation of the product.   the installation directory always be /opt/isec for below 10.6.6 and /opt/McAfee/ above 10.6.6 

Level 9
Message 10 of 10

ok, I got it, when I install the Mcafee agent 5.6 it will show the default (/opt/McAfee/ above 10.6.6 ) then I need to install the "McAfee Endpoint Security for Linux Threat Prevention 10.6.9" in /opt/McAfee directory!

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community