cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

McAfee Endpoint Protection for Mac vs. McAfee VirusScan for Mac

This may seem like a dumb question, but here it goes...

We have been running Endpoint Protection for Mac via ePO for several years. There is another product, VirusScan for Mac, that we don't currently use. We are licensed for both products through our grant.

Am I overlooking something, or is VirusScan for Mac not needed because we are using Endpoint Protection for Mac, which includes antivirus?

I see both products have new versions that were just released - McAfee Endpoint Protection for Mac v2.2 and McAfee VirusScan for Mac v9.7.

Is it possible to deploy both products to the same system? I don't see why, but would like to get confirmation

6 Replies

Re: McAfee Endpoint Protection for Mac vs. McAfee VirusScan for Mac

VirusScan for Mac is just anti-virus, while Endpoint Protection has anti-virus, firewall, and application protection.

HI .. please I need your help about the difference between mcafee endpoint protection for mac vs mcafee endpoint security for mac... what product I must configure? because my license permit access to both.  thanks for your help.

Vanessa

tomz2
Level 11
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 7

Hi Vanessa -

Endpoint Protection for Mac (EPM) is the current Anti-Malware suite for OS X systems. It contains anti-malware, a firewall, and application blacklisting.

Endpoint Security for Mac 10.1 (ENS 10) is the next-gen suite for OS X and will eventually replace EPM. It was just released a couple of weeks ago. It contains Anti-Malware, Firewall, and Web Protection (think SiteAdvisor).

If you're using Management of Native Encryption and / or DLP Endpoint for Mac, you'll need to stick with EPM for now. If you need more details, reach out to your sales rep or sales engineer and they can get you slide decks with more info.

Hi Tom thanks for your answer, now I have a clear idea.  Maybe you have some slide about new products or news McAfee product's name or suites? or URL.

Again, thank you

A question, If I havent't Management of native encryption and/or DLP Endpoint for MAC, what is better EPM or ENS implementation?

Vanessa

If you are starting fresh then I suggest to go with ENS. ENS provides common ePO management experience for Mac and Windows. That means if you have Windows endpoints then you can use single ENS ePO extension to manage AV, FW, and Web Protection on both Windows and Mac platform.

You can use ENS with DLP and Encryption as well. Both DLP and Encryption are compatible with ENS.

Thanks

Vineet

Ok thank you .. I'll do