cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

McAfee Agent for Macs - No way to force ASCI?

I know this to be true for McAfee Agent 4.0 w/patch 2 for the Macs, and I am pretty sure it to be the case for McAfee Agent 4.5, but why is there not a way to "force" an agent to communicate with the ePO server like there is on Windows?  We are just now getting in to Macs here at my company, but I am already seeing this as an issue with the machines I am playing with.  I asked support this question, and they had me fill out an enhancement request, along with telling me that if I restarted the agent (i.e. SystemStarter restart cma), it should do the same thing.  Well, it does not.  Has anyone else ran in to this issue and also needs it to be addressed?  Just curious...

Regards,

Tommy M.

Message was edited by: tdmomega on 1/6/10 11:00:41 PM CST
3 Replies

Re: McAfee Agent for Macs - No way to force ASCI?

I'm checking this for you with development but I believe this is an FMR (feature modification request) for an upcoming version.

When I get feedback from them, I'll post it here.

Thanks,

Rod.

Yup - this is an FMR -- currently being considered for MA 4.6 for Non-Windows.

Hope this helps,

Rod.

Thanks Rod.  The main issue seems to be with the McAfee Agent policy.  With Windows, starting the agent does force an ASCI; however, on the Macs, it appears that the agent holds true to the ASCI interval setting and will not fully update until then.  I guess I will work with our McAfee team to see that this gets more attention.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community