Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gno
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

Making HBSS play nice with ACAS .....help am on a closed network

I am running HBSS 5.3.1 , have been for over a year....we have a new ACAS guy and i of course was used to last ACAS guy who probably invented ACAS...lol   Well now i have to make both work nice. I have an ACAS HBSS integration  guide ....Directions are Menu/Policy/Policy Catalog...select VSE for Linux ...then On Access Scanning Policy ...then under " detection tab " add following ?  Well i dont see a way to add NESSUS or Security Center 4 or 5 or PVS .....i can add the directory path and check the " exclude all sub directories....  it may be as simple as just add directory path !    Then i don't even know where to get info on " Dis solvable Agents "  ?    Also not sure if i should upgrade to 5.9.x then do all the ACAS integration if i do it on 5.3.1 ....am i shooting myself in the foot ?  Thank you for any guidance you can provide.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          at 

3 Replies
McAfee Employee tlange
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Re: Making HBSS play nice with ACAS .....help am on a closed network

with vsel you only have the option to exclude by extension or file path.  if you can instead install ensl 10.x you will have the option to exclude by process as well as folder and file extensions.

gno
Level 9
Message 3 of 4

Thank you for that, am looking forward to installing ePO 5.9.x and End point security , but i work on a federal installation and am waiting for the approval process to update/upgrade till then my only option is VSE .   So i just need to add the exception paths in ePO from what your stating.  Again its been almost 2 yrs since i set up ePO with ACAS so needed some clarification.   

Highlighted
McAfee Employee tlange
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

yes, just add the exclusion paths to the vsel policy.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community