Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 11
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

Exploit Prevention on Linux

Probably one of the easiest questions you will get. Reading through the product guide and looking at the policies, exploit prevention rules appear to be intended for only Windows based systems.

I have an open item showing on our teams work list to enable exploit prevention for Linux based systems. Is it even applicable? I did a search in the product documentation for ENSL for "exploit" and there are 0 results, so I'm guessing no, but wanted to clarify before passing that along and closing that item out.

Thanks

Labels (2)
4 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 5

Re: Exploit Prevention on Linux

Hello @Jmac24 Jmac24 ,

As you know, the exploit prevention feature is only on Windows based systems. There is no exploit prevention feature that can be enabled on Linux based systems.

We cannot provide feedback on the availability or timing of implementation, but you can submit it as a product enhancement request as below if you want.

[URL]How to submit a new Product Idea (Product Enhancement Request)
https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB60021&actp=null&viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_U...

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 5

Hi,

we didn't have exploit prevention in Endpoint security for Linux. as mentioned by  JfuruKaw you raise 

How to submit a new Product Idea (Product Enhancement Request)
https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB60021

Regards,

Gururaj.m.d

Was my reply helpful?
Highlighted
Level 11
Message 4 of 5

Since there is no Exploit Prevention equivalent for Linux, what would be recommended as and HIPS solution for Linux systems?

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 5

Hi,

you can use the Endpoint Security for Linux Firewall.
https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB91326

Regards,

Gururaj.m.d

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community