Did you mean: 
Kalmen
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 7

Exclude directories for Linux agents only in Windows and Linux environment

Jump to solution

Hello,

I’m a total newbie to McAfee. Currently I’m running a mixed environment of Linux and Windows. My ePO is running on Windows and in the policy catalog I see VirusScan 8.8. But no VirusScan for Linux.

In my system tree I have a mix of Windows and Linux servers with the agent software running. The Linux agents show a “Linux” tag next to them.

At this stage I need to exclude /opt/app in my Linux agents but from what I can see I’m only allowed to use Windows C:\dir1\ style.

I can see if there was a VirusScan for Linux in the oPO console that would be possible but I only have VirusScan 8.8.

Pardon my lack of technical expression but any help would be appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee jess_arman
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 7

Re: Exclude directories for Linux agents only in Windows and Linux environment

Jump to solution

@Kalmen KB81145 Has step by step instructions for checking in and deploying VSEL via ePO that should be of assistance.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

6 Replies
Reliable Contributor vnaidu
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 7

Jump to solution

@Kalmen 

Hi Kalmen,

Please ensure that you have the below extensions and packages checked in to your ePO. You only can see the policy for VSEL once you have checked in the below extensions.

McAfee VSE for Linux Policy and Task Extension Version 2.0.3.1757 
McAfee Agent Extension Version 4.8.0.355 
McAfee VSE for Linux Reporter Extension Version 2.0.3.1752 
McAfee VSE for Linux Help Extension Version 2.0.2.010 

After checking in the above extensions, please download the packages from https://mcafee.com/downloads/downloads.aspx. You will need to have a valid grant number to download any extensions and packages.

McAfee Agent for Linux - ePO Package Version 4.8.0.1938 
McAfee VSE for Linux 2.0.3 - ePO Package Version 2.0.3.29216

I hope this helps.

Venu
Kalmen
Level 8
Message 3 of 7

Jump to solution

Hi Venu,

Thank you, this certainly is helpful. Let me attempt to put to practice what you have posted and get back to you 🙂

Thank you

McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 7

Jump to solution

For VSEL you should have seperate policies. If you don't see any specific ones then please check that you have the VSEL extension checked in.

You can also refer to the product guide on how to create exclusions - please see page 45:

https://kc.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/PRODUCT_DOCUMENTATION/24000/PD24546/en_US/...

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
Kalmen
Level 8
Message 5 of 7

Jump to solution
Hi Chealey,

Thank you, yes it is helpful. However, I'm still figuring out how to check in the VSEL extension. As soon as I have figured it out and got the exclusion in, I'll confirm through this post.
McAfee Employee jess_arman
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 7

Jump to solution

@Kalmen KB81145 Has step by step instructions for checking in and deploying VSEL via ePO that should be of assistance.

Was my reply helpful?

Highlighted
McAfee Employee tlange
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 7

Jump to solution

if your linux machines are running current distros then i would suggest to use endpoint security for linux instead of vsel.  

here is a link to the install guide

PD28257  

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • Visit: Business Service Portal
  • More: Search Knowledge Articles
  • ePolicy Orchestrator Support

• Download the new ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) Support Center Extension which simplifies ePO management and provides support resources directly in the console. Learn more about ePO Support Center