cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Event ID 1048 on ENSL 10.6.7

Jump to solution

Hi Community,

we have here some Ubuntu 18.04 Systems with Agent 5.6.3 and ENSL 10.6.7.

In the Threat Events, OAS and ODS reports many "Scan reports general system error"

For example 3000 Events with /home/username/.cache/mozilla/firefox/oewldma2.default/cache2/entries/6782312FB4477D6E1AAADA88C2DB5EBCD247ECF6

I read https://community.mcafee.com/t5/Mac-and-Linux-Products/Lots-of-Scan-reports-general-system-error-eve... but the solutions there, an exclusion of path and process will not the best way for us.

How can we fix this without an exclusion?

Thanks

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 5 of 6

Re: Event ID 1048 on ENSL 10.6.7

Jump to solution

Hello @rokasporch ,

Thank you for your query,

The event is generated because ENSL goes to scan the file but the file is either no longer in the scan queue or has a lock on it and ENSL can't get to the file.  This is a normal process and if you are getting a lot of these errors then putting in exclusions is the way to reduce the number.

Hope this helps!
Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Amit N

View solution in original post

5 Replies
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

If you don't want to see the events , In that case please go to the ePO>Server Settings>Event Filtering and uncheck the event.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 6

Jump to solution

Hello @rokasporch ,

The Event id 1048 is information event that can be checked on KB78291 or KB54677.

Event ID Name Severity
1048 Scan reports general system error Informational

and as @vivs  suggested, you can ignore this events if you dont want it to be reported to epo following KB70252 and unchecking the event which you dont require.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Yash T
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hello,

thank you for your replay.

I was wondering because the Event pops up with access denyed as action taken:

Threat Type: Not specified
Action Taken: Deny access
Event Description: Scan reports general system error
Analyzer Detection Method: OAS

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 6

Jump to solution

Hello @rokasporch ,

Thank you for your query,

The event is generated because ENSL goes to scan the file but the file is either no longer in the scan queue or has a lock on it and ENSL can't get to the file.  This is a normal process and if you are getting a lot of these errors then putting in exclusions is the way to reduce the number.

Hope this helps!
Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Amit N

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Thank you for the explanation.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community