cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bleeder
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 21

Re: Endpoint security 10.5.5 for Mac not showing as installed product on client system

Jump to solution

Has anyone tried the extensions from the 10.6.0 September Update?  It's only available via RTS currently.

twenden
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 12 of 21

Re: Endpoint security 10.5.5 for Mac not showing as installed product on client system

Jump to solution

No have not tried them. Do have a open support case and talked to a tech support agent today. Had to send them the MER, plus the links to this thread. Will wait to see what they suggest. I will add any updates to this thread once support gets back to me. 

gards
Level 8
Message 13 of 21

Jump to solution

I haven't found any september 10.6 updates. Where are those?

twenden
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 14 of 21

Jump to solution

The September Update for ENS 10.6 is only released to support. You would have to call support and request it. 

gards
Level 8
Message 15 of 21

Jump to solution

I got the september update and that seems to solve the issue. I will test more today

PS!

Endpoint Security 10.6.0 to 10.6.0 September Update upgrades require the Endpoint Security Platform module to be included
Technische Artikel ID: KB90902
Zuletzt geändert am: 9/13/2018

Umgebung
McAfee Endpoint Security (ENS) 10.6.0 September Update
Problem
An upgrade from ENS 10.6.0 General Availability (GA) to ENS 10.6.0 September Update requires the Endpoint Security Platform (ESP) module to be included in the deployment task. If the ESP module is not in the deployment task, the other ENS modules upgrade, but the ENS Threat Prevention module does not work as expected:

-On-access scan is disabled.
-Content updates fail.
-AMCore information does not appear in the ENS console.

For these reasons, ENS 10.6.0 September Update is being provided now as a Managed Release and you must contact Technical Support to obtain it.

bleeder
Level 9
Message 16 of 21

Jump to solution

It seems like McAfee should release (as GA) at least the extension from 10.6.0 September Update..

twenden
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 17 of 21

Jump to solution

Still haven't heard back from McAfee Support about this issue as got an open case with them. Monday is the day that 10.14 (Mojave) gets released. Some of our users will upgrade to 10.14 as soon as it is released. It is a shame that ENS 10.5.5 will break. 

bleeder
Level 9
Message 18 of 21

Jump to solution

I just refreshed Software Manager in ePO and I see the new 10.6.0 extensions!

twenden
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 19 of 21

Jump to solution

Thanks. Just refreshed on my server and see them also.extensions.jpeg

Jump to solution
Hi - just adding my 2cent September extension solved this issue for our organization. Regards Kenshi0001
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community