Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
twenden
Level 13
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 21

Endpoint security 10.5.5 for Mac not showing as installed product on client system

Jump to solution

We have just started testing with the latest Endpoint Security for Mac version 10.5.5. Also running the latest ePO agent for Mac version 5.5.1.374. These are supposed to support macOS Mojave when it gets released on Sept 25th. This has been installed on our test ePO server running version 5.9.1. I have deployed the software to the MacBook Pro running High Sierra. It shows that it is installed and running.

However, from the ePO server console it does not show up as a installed product.

Image2.jpegextensionupgrade.jpegextensionsinstalled.jpegextensionsinstalled1.jpegproduct.jpeg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Endpoint security 10.5.5 for Mac not showing as installed product on client system

Jump to solution
Hi - just adding my 2cent September extension solved this issue for our organization. Regards Kenshi0001
20 Replies
gards
Level 8
Message 2 of 21

Re: Endpoint security 10.5.5 for Mac not showing as installed product on client system

Jump to solution

We have the same issue. Same if installed manually or from epo. The products are installed, but not taking any policies. Have also removed all ENSM 10.5.5 from epo and downloaded and checked in manually. Still the same issue

twenden
Level 13
Message 3 of 21

Jump to solution

Glad it is not just me. Trying to get product out ready to support Mojave 10.14. Seems like we don't have a lot of time as Apple releases the product on Sept 25th.

Tried calling McAfee support and was on hold waiting for tech guy for about one hour. Talked toour accoutn rep and he will try to escalate. 

gards
Level 8
Message 4 of 21

Jump to solution
Yes, we also need to get this working and distributed before 25th. I have made an SR at McAfee. Have also linked to this thread in the SR
GardS
bleeder
Level 9
Message 5 of 21

Jump to solution

Same problem here.  This is a released product, correct?   Just making sure.

twenden
Level 13
Message 6 of 21

Jump to solution

Yes, it is a released product as it showed up under our grant number. Trying to escalate with our account rep. Spent over 1 hour trying to get suport yesterday before giving up and spend 30 minutes on hold this morning. Not too sure why I can get a support person as always on hold. 

bleeder
Level 9
Message 7 of 21

Jump to solution

I thought there was an option to escalate from within the customer support portal, but it's been a while since I opened a new case (because we're moving everything to Sophos or Windows Defender ATP).

MPoleur
Level 7
Message 8 of 21

Jump to solution
gards
Level 8
Message 9 of 21

Jump to solution

Yes, but you may be on to something. We are using ENS 10.6 for Windows and the extentions for ENSM 10.5.5 will not install since there already is a later version installed. The ENS 10.6 extentions available are from may 2018. So there is no september release of ENS 10.6 extentions as far as I have found.

twenden
Level 13
Message 10 of 21

Jump to solution

Couldn't install the extensions since we are using ENS 106 for Windows and it states that these are newer that 10.5 versions and so won't upgrade.

Still have not heard from McAfee support

Member Rewards
McAfee Community rewards active and helpful members just like you. Click here to take a look at the first community members who received a special reward and were recognized by McAfee leader, Aneel Jaeel, for their participation and trusted knowledge in the community.