cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ENSM 10.7.5 post-install tasks on macOS 10.5 and 10.16

Jump to solution

Hi Heroes,

Previously, we follow kb89728 (End-user experience when installing Endpoint Security for Mac on macOS High Sierra 10.13 and later)  to add 4 ENSM processes to macOS Full Disk Access:

fmpd

VshieldTaskmanager

VshieldScanner

VshieldService

But with the latest ENSM 10.7.5, we found something different, the prompt after ENSM installation saying we only need to add 3 processes now:

fmpd

VshieldScanner

VshieldManager.app

I attached a screenshot for this.

Is something changed in 10.7.5 and do we just need to add the above 3 process/app to macOS Full Disk Access list?

BTW, just an additional question, anyone knows is it possible to make this workflow automatically done when installing ENSM? that is a lot of work since we have to teach end user how to do this. thanks in advance...

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
gururaj
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 6 of 6

Re: ENSM 10.7.5 post-install tasks on macOS 10.5 and 10.16

Jump to solution

Hi,

/Applications/McAfee Endpoint Security for Mac.app this may not list the in the pop up screen for full disk access. i gave it for better access for product to function, Customer can give access to the process that displayed on the screen that would be sufficient.

Regards,

Gururaj.m.d   

View solution in original post

5 Replies
gururaj
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi,

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB91109 

Needed only for
ENSM 10.7.5 and later
/usr/local/McAfee/AntiMalware/VShieldScanManager.app

Add this app to the allow list using the Bundle ID: com.mcafee.tp.endpointsecurity
SystemPolicyAllFiles

Regards,

Gururaj.m.d

Jump to solution

Thanks, my customer currently dont have MDM solution in their environment. to double confirm this... we only need to add the below 3 processes/app to Full Disk Access list correct? -

McAfee Endpoint Security for Mac.app

fmpd

VshieldScanner

How about ENSM 10.7.1 - some of the macOS version is below 10.15.2 they have to use 10.7.1 version. thanks again.

gururaj
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi,

How about ENSM 10.7.1 - some of the macOS version is below 10.15.2 they have to use 10.7.1 version. thanks again.

/usr/local/McAfee/AntiMalware/VShieldScanManager

/Applications/McAfee Endpoint Security for Mac.app

/usr/local/McAfee/fmp/bin64/fmpd

/usr/local/McAfee/AntiMalware/VShieldScanner

yes four process need to added for check this
https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB91109.

Jump to solution

sorry, one last question - 

I saw you gave 4 processes, but... Why McAfee only prompts 3 processes need to add to Full Disk Access list?

Is there any explanations for this? My customer is asking the same that I'm not sure of the answer.

thanks!!!

gururaj
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi,

/Applications/McAfee Endpoint Security for Mac.app this may not list the in the pop up screen for full disk access. i gave it for better access for product to function, Customer can give access to the process that displayed on the screen that would be sufficient.

Regards,

Gururaj.m.d   

View solution in original post

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community