Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
.david
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

Command-line access to vsel 1.9.1

Jump to solution

I have installed vsel 1.9.1 on RHEL6 (with two hotfixes installed).  Due to the way the vlans are structured, and the hardening of the servers to remove unnecessary packages, I cannot use the web interface to access the vsel product.  I tried using elinks, but I received an ssl error.  If you can point me in the right direction to get elinks working, that would be a great option, too.  Then I could run that browser locally on each server. 

I found KB73316, which lists command line commands and options for accessing vsel.  Although there is an option to list scheduled tasks

bin/nails task --list

there doesn't appear to be a way to *create* a scheduled task using the command line.  Is there a way I can manage vsel from the command line?

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Aidan
Level 14
Message 2 of 3

Re: Command-line access to vsel 1.9.1

Jump to solution

If you have a look at McAfee KnowledgeBase - VirusScan Enterprise For Linux 1.9 Standalone Configuration Guide

This gves the major parts of what you can do from cli and influencing config/behaviour.

For ODS - this is not possible - if the machines are ePO managed then can create Tasks for VSEL and these can be sent down to local machine to be run by in conjunction with VSEL by McAfee Agent. 

2 Replies
Aidan
Level 14
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

If you have a look at McAfee KnowledgeBase - VirusScan Enterprise For Linux 1.9 Standalone Configuration Guide

This gves the major parts of what you can do from cli and influencing config/behaviour.

For ODS - this is not possible - if the machines are ePO managed then can create Tasks for VSEL and these can be sent down to local machine to be run by in conjunction with VSEL by McAfee Agent. 

.david
Level 7
Message 3 of 3

Jump to solution

Thank you for the reply.  I will review this document, and see if I can apply it to my system.  The one thing I forgot to add is that this is an isolated enclave, with no external connectivity, and no ePO server.