cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reliable Contributor twenden
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 2

Can't deploy the new ENS Threat Prevention 10.2.2.3003 for Mac to a Mac running agent 5.0.4.449

McAfee has released updated ENS 10.2.2.3003 products for Mac. We are only using the Threat Prevention component. In my testing, I have been unable to deploy ENS 10.2.2.3003 Threat Prevention to a Mac either running 10.12.4 or 10.11.6. These systems have been tested with ENS 10.2.1 installed and without. The deployment of the latest ENS does not install.

Both systems are running with Agent 5.0.4.449. The release notes state that you must have agent 5.0.4 before upgrading to 10.2.2.3003.

The strange thing is that if I install the newer agent 5.0.5 then the deployment task will either do an upgrade or a fresh install. Has McAfee testing this product with agent 5.0.4?

1 Reply
Highlighted

Re: Can't deploy the new ENS Threat Prevention 10.2.2.3003 for Mac to a Mac running agent 5.0.4.449

Hi ​ - I ran into this myself and I spoke to engineering about this. To use McAfee Agent 5.0.4, you have to be on 5.0.4.470.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community