cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Can't Enable VSEL client Task

Hi,

I've been pouring over forums for the last two days and can't find a direct reference to this.

Running ePO 5.3.1 with VSEL 2.0.3. The VSEL package shows up in Master Repository and in Extensions (took me half an hour to realize ONLY the admin account can see that one-not a fan) but when i go to create a client task, it's just not there.

*I just stepped into the role recently, the guy who set it all up retired and i'm trying to pick up the pieces.

I imagine this is some fundamental step that just got skipped?

I found the product Guide for installing Linux 2.0.3, and it *kind* of covers what I'm looking for on a very high level, it does not go into the specifics of what's needed.

Anyone have any ideas?

2 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: Can't Enable VSEL client Task

Hi @Jessieb_83 ,

Are you trying to create a VSEL product deployment task? Or are you looking for an On-Demand Scan task for VSEL?
If it is VSEL product deployment task, you'll find it in the Product Deployment task of McAfee Agent.

You can find "Virus Scan Enterprise for Linux 2.0.3.29216" under "Products and components:" in this product deployment task if the following packages are checked in to ePO:

Extensions:
McAfee VirusScan Enterprise for Linux Reports Version: 2.0.3.1752
VirusScan Enterprise for Linux 1.9.2 / 2.0.3 Version: 2.0.3.1757

Master Repository:
VirusScan Enterprise for Linux Type:Install Version:2.0.3 Minor Version:29216

As for the On-Demand Scan task, if these packages exist, you will find "On-Demand Scan" as shown in the image attached.

*ePO5.3 is no longer supported. We recommend that you upgrade to the latest 5.10 as soon as possible.
https://www.mcafee.com/enterprise/en-us/support/product-eol.html#product=epolicy_orchestrator_(epo)

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?
Highlighted

Re: Can't Enable VSEL client Task

Sir,

I'm trying to create an On-Demand Scan for the Linux machines in this environment.

Looks like I'm missing the McAfee VirusScan Enterprise for Linux Reports Version: 2.0.3.1752 Extension.

That turned out to be the issue.It's worth noting that it's called the lnxshldMETA in the install bundle.

Thank you for the assist!

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community