Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

Block All outgoing Web traffic except company extranet

Hi I am new to EPO and am struggling to find any documentation on setting up location awareness correctly. I am trying to set a internal and external zone. When a client machine is not connected directly to our network I would like to block access to any external websites, except for out extranet.

I have get the machines to block all sites when not connected to the network, however I cant figure out how to add exclusions for the websites? Is there a best setup guide for this, or could some one point me in the right derection

I should point out this is on MAC's using MacAfee Endpoint Protection for Mac

3 Replies
ktankink
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Re: Block All outgoing Web traffic except company extranet

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 3 of 4

This is best achieved using HIPS by creating Location aware groups(CAG’s or LAG’s)

User can create CAG’s in HIPS to define inside and outside network and create rules to manage traffic. (applicable to Windows and Mac)

Find below KB article link for CAG.

https://kc.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/PRODUCT_DOCUMENTATION/20000/PD20747/en_US/...

I moved this to Mac and Linux Products as a better spot for it.

---

Peter

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community