cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rani
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 9

Black screen intermittently and network disconnections since installing McAfee ENS for Mac Firewall

Jump to solution

Hello,

We deployed and enabled McAfee Endpoint Security Firewall (10.7.8.115) on our Windows and MacOS.
For now, we have an any/any rule.

Since, on all our MacBook Pro, the screen goes black for a few seconds several times a day since we installed the Firewall.

We also have network disconnections.
For the moment, this only affects MacBook Pro (different models) and only ethernet connections (via USB-C / Ethernet adapter).

When this happens, just unplug and replug the ethernet cable and the network comes back.

When we uninstall the Firewall, the problems disappears (black screen and network disconnections.)

We tried to put the firewall in adaptive mode on some Macs computers but even so, the problems occurs.

Have you ever had this type of behavior?

Thanks for your help

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Nitisha_Awas
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 9

Re: Black screen intermittently and network disconnections since installing McAfee ENS for Mac Firew

Jump to solution

Thank You @Rani

We are checking on the data shared internally and will get back to you with the analysis on the SR.

Thanks for your patience !!

Hope this helps.

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Nitisha_Awas
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 9

Re: Black screen intermittently and network disconnections since installing McAfee ENS for Mac Firew

Jump to solution

Hi Rani,

Thank you for reaching us on the community portal.

Could you please confirm if the issue is only seen on M1 Pro/Max chipset specific to any OS ?

As the Allow-All rule is already in place it looked like the Rules has no action here but the presence of the FW modules (either the application or just the extension) causing the issue.

Please have a Service Request created with Technical Support for further investigating on this !!

Hope this helps. 

Rani
Level 7
Message 3 of 9

Jump to solution

Hello,

Thanks for your help.

This affects both Intel and M1 and so far we have these symptoms on Big Sur and Monterey.

I had already opened a Service Request which I updated this morning.
I wanted to ask the community because since I had no response fromService Reques since March 9, the date on which I sent logs, I said to myself that they must have trouble finding the cause.

Thank you,

Nitisha_Awas
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 9

Jump to solution

Could you please help me with the Service Request Number ? 

Rani
Level 7
Message 5 of 9

Jump to solution

Of course.

Here is the Service Request Number: 4-22783069121

Thanks for your help,

Nitisha_Awas
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 9

Jump to solution

Thank You @Rani

We are checking on the data shared internally and will get back to you with the analysis on the SR.

Thanks for your patience !!

Hope this helps.

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Rani
Level 7
Message 7 of 9

Jump to solution

Thanks a lot for your help,

Indeed, I had a message from the Technical Support Engineer several minutes ago.

It's very nice of you.

I wish you a very nice day,

Franck1
Level 7
Message 8 of 9

Jump to solution
Hello It seems we faces the same kind of issue, updating to newer version of Agent & ENS didn't solve it. Do you have any other recommandation ?
Rani
Level 7
Message 9 of 9

Jump to solution

Hello,

No, our problem is still not solved.
We don't have any further information from McAfee Support at this time.
We have done several tests with them and the problem disappears as soon as we uninstall McAfee Firewall.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community