cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Bad/invalid/truncated DAT file

Jump to solution

Is anyone else seeing a bad DAT file on NAI's FTP site?

ftp://ftp.nai.com/pub/antivirus/datfiles/4.x/

Name Size Last Modified

avvdat-8254.tar
85200 KB11/08/201600:00:00 BST
avvdat-8261.tar
87080 KB18/08/201600:00:00 BST
avvdat-9125.tar
320 KB03/01/201917:54:00 GMT

Version on ftp.nai.com: 9125                                                    
Updating virus datafiles...                                                     
Download complete...updating now                                                
tar: Unexpected EOF in archive                                                  
tar: Unexpected EOF in archive                                                  
tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now

The tar file is obviously incomplete and it's breaking my Linux Command Line Scanners.  Is this the right place to be getting DAT files for version 6.1.2 of the above product?

Ben

Tags (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: Bad/invalid/truncated DAT file

Jump to solution

Hi @BenArgyle

Does indeed look incomplete. I'll ask the team who manages these repositories to check this.

The one located in this location seems better: ftp://ftp.nai.com/pub/datfiles/english/

You should be able to use this on your systems.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
3 Replies
McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

Hi @BenArgyle

Does indeed look incomplete. I'll ask the team who manages these repositories to check this.

The one located in this location seems better: ftp://ftp.nai.com/pub/datfiles/english/

You should be able to use this on your systems.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

Today's DAT has been uploaded and shows correctly. Haven't heard back about 9125 yet!

Was my reply helpful?
McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

9125 one now also fixed :-)

Was my reply helpful?
Member Rewards
McAfee Community rewards active and helpful members just like you. Click here to take a look at the first community members who received a special reward and were recognized by McAfee leader, Aneel Jaeel, for their participation and trusted knowledge in the community.