cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fghotbi
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

AnyDesk becomes ready but cannot connecting while McAfee Endpoint Security for Mac 10.7.8 is enabled

Hello everyone,

I am using McAfee Endpoint Security for Mac 10.7.8 on my Mac OS Monterey 12.2.1. 

While McAfee is enabled, AnyDesk gets ready but cannot send request to the destination system and stuck on "connecting in progress, please wait..."

It works only by disabling McAfee Threat Prevention, Firewall and Web Control and restarting the system.

Anyone can help?

Thanks.

5 Replies
Nitisha_Awas
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 6

Re: AnyDesk becomes ready but cannot connecting while McAfee Endpoint Security for Mac 10.7.8 is ena

Hi @fghotbi ,

Thank you for reaching us on the community portal.

Could you please check below and let us know the status:

1. Disable TP/FW/WC one by one and check which module is exactly contributing to the issue.
  2. Check if TP is running in sync or async mode?
    Use command : /usr/local/McAfee/AntiMalware/VSControl status
  3. Was the issue only seen with ENSM 10.7.8 version? Or other versions are impacted as well?
fghotbi
Level 7
Message 3 of 6

Re: AnyDesk becomes ready but cannot connecting while McAfee Endpoint Security for Mac 10.7.8 is ena

Hi @Nitisha_Awas 

Thank you for such a fast response. 

Disabling FW and then restarting the Mac solved the issue.

The TP is running in async mode. 

I am new to Mac as well as McAfee so I didn't check any other versions. 

Thanks. 

Nitisha_Awas
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

Thanks for the update!!

Could you please use, the Allow-All rule at the top of the rules set and validate if the issue is still seen. If there are no blocks see, then we could confirm that the issue is specific to the rules.
Refer: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB91885&locale=en_US

With the allow-all rule in place if the issue is not seen, would suggest collecting the below data that would help understand the block and raise a Service Request with Tech Support for analysis.

**Debug enabled ENSM MER
https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB87626
**Streamlogging while reproducing the issue
Use live log stream using the following command: log stream --level debug | grep -i com.mcafee.CMF | grep -v sendDataOnRing | grep -v EGRESS | grep -v INGRESS | grep -v \(NetworkExtension\

Hope this helps.

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

fghotbi
Level 7
Message 5 of 6

@Nitisha_Awas Thanks to your reply.

Either in Regular mode or Adaptive mode allow all rule didn't solve the issue.

Below is the image of allow all rule.

Screen Shot 2022-03-07 at 6.09.31 PM.png

Thanks.

Nitisha_Awas
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

From the comment, it looked like the Rules has no action here but the presence of the FW modules (either the application or just the extension) caused the issue.

Please have a Service Request created for further investigating on this !!

Hope this helps.

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community