cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Active directory issue

Hi, i'm new to Macafee.

virus scan doesn't seem to work on macs boud to AD. i put a file into scan and it shows up saying zero files scaned. I use the same file on a mac that just has a standalone login and it works fine. Any help would be appreciated

7 Replies
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 8

Re: Active directory issue

Hi,

I've moved your post to the VirusScan other area for better attention.

Please can you post some more details about what OSX version you are using and what version/number of VirusScan and how it is installed/deployed?

Thanks

Highlighted

Hi

I downloaded ( the files relating to OS X 10.6) and installed the following, MSMAntimalware10LML and then VirusScanforMac90-HF529390. I made a stanalone account on the mac i first had issues with and it works on the standalone account but not the active directory. i then did the same on another AD mac just to eliminate the first one and i got the same result.

Highlighted

Hi,

Can you tell me what file you're attempting to scan? Is this an Eicar test file?

If you open the Dashboard, does it say your Mac is secure and is the On-Access Scan enabled?

Let me know,

Rod.

Highlighted

On access is enabled, we scan illustrator/photoshop etc zip files. The same files work on the standalone account on the mac but not the account linked to AD. It also states Your mac is secure.

Thanks

Highlighted

Thanks for the response.

Are you running ePO? And, if so, are you managing VirusScan for Mac with ePO? If this is the case, it's possible that your VirusScan configuration settings are being changed by ePO, not to scan inside the archives and/or compressed files.

When you log into the standalone account, the ePO policies would not take effect.

Can you check this?

Thanks,

Rod.

Highlighted

Hi Rod

no - not running EPO. Do you want me to install and see what happens?

Cheerts

John

Highlighted

Hi John,

No - no need for that...

One of our engineers may have been able to reproduce this issue in-house. I'll update this thread shortly with next steps.

Thanks,

Rod.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community