cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

mcafee livesafe Mac Update issue

Hi.,

I am using Apple Mac OSX High Sierra 11.13.2, with Mcafee Live Safe 4.1.1.0(3926) installed as well. Updating is failing with "Error While installing Updates!". I did uninstall and re-installed, no luck with update as DAT version shows 16/9/17 which is older. Yes - followed this document ID:TS102743 and yet encountered same issue.

Please advice how to fix the mcafee livesafe update ?

Thanks.

HK

19 Replies
Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 20

Re: mcafee livesafe Mac Update issue

Moved to Mac forum

ganeshrajur
   karthikk3 

Can you comment please

To add this, per document ID :TS102743 , the section -  "Authorize kernel extension in System Preferences" where "McAfee, Inc" should be blocked never happened and never showed up. Not using third party firewall app as well.

Moderator Karthik_K
Message 4 of 20

Hi

Sorry for the inconvenience. We are working on the issue and will update you once we got the fix handy.

Regards,

Karthik K

Do you have an update as to when will the fix be available ?

Moderator Karthik_K
Message 6 of 20

Hi,

Now we got the latest version of McAfee released 4.1.3. Kindly update your McAfee twice and let us know the status

Regards,

Karthik K

Hi, I have just downloaded from your site Live Safe.  appears to be version 4.1.2 - The update error message is appearing for any attempt to update.   I note you say version 4.1.3 available but is that for MAC OS?  It's fair to say that if updates will not succeed then this product is of no use to me.  I've tried all the kernel extension "fixes".  Turned off native firewall etc.   Please advise

Moderator Karthik_K
Message 8 of 20

Hi,

Latest McAfee version 4.2 was released on March 13. I have sent a private message. Please respond to that.

Regards,

Karthik K

I downloaded to a clean MacBook Pro on 18th March and still same issue, and current install from Website is old version.  This issue appears to have been going on for months. You really need to get your act together...

cr0w
Level 7
Message 10 of 20

I also get the failed update on my MAC. What on McAfee's end won't allow us to update. Benn having this same issue since I got your product. I also have tried all the "fixes" with no luck.

Version 4.1.2.0 (3997)