cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
debee7
Level 7

can someone tell me why, after doing a complete scan, some items weren't scanned?

Should I be concerned about those items? How can I scan them so I know if they contain any issues like malware, viruses, etc.?

0 Kudos
16 Replies
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Re: can someone tell me why, after doing a complete scan, some items weren't scanned?

I assume you have no exclusions set? How many are not scanned? I seem to remember this is normal but cannot atm remember why.

0 Kudos
debee7
Level 7

Re: can someone tell me why, after doing a complete scan, some items weren't scanned?

219 items

0 Kudos
debee7
Level 7

I don't know about any exclusions. Where would I find what was excluded?

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

In Real Time Scanning check if all files is selected not just program files. I do not think this the case more that certain files are missed as they are duplicates or some other reason. I will ask the techs at tomorrow's mod call.

0 Kudos
debee7
Level 7

When I bring up the McAfee screen all it shows is real time is checked off along with the other areas. How do I find out where to look for checking of what files should be scanned & whether to be included or not in the scan? It's helpful but confusing info. I have to learn to crawl before I can walk. I need a step by step instructions where to find out what files may be excluded. So far only after the scan did I find that info. I am in the process of figuring out what it is u all r trying to tell me. So please bare with me.

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Please follow the steps provided in Post # 6

During the meantime, did you run Malwarebytes (Free) as suggested?

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Hi ,

There are various ways of determining which Files/area of your system is scanned. One way is choosing a 'Custom Scan' ( Which in your case you did not) You can also Open your McAfee UI, Navigation > Real Time Scanning > Settings > Excluded Files.

Always make certain your Windows Updates/Add-ons especially the Latest Adobe Flash Player is current. To include Internet Explorer (Even if you elect to not use it) McAfee and other important programs do in order to function properly.

To ease your mind and a second opinion. Run Malwarebytes ( Free ) to keep it free, DO NOT enable the Free Trial/or Activate the Paid/Pro version. Simply update it before scanning. You can obtain this Superb Program and others here:

To assure you have no issues with your Software, you can run the Latest McAfee Virtual Technician to check for any issues http://mvt.mcafee.com Should there be any reason to,you can contact Technical Support with-in the same link.

All the Best,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

CD I have added this to our call. I feel it is not a big worry.

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Thanks PK.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos