My Macbook Pro was recently infected by adware from Mackeeper and I had to go to an online technician to remove it. I don't know why it even was able to get on my computer with now warning. Any help on this would be appreciated
Hi, none of us Moderators use MAC's but the idea is the same I guess. No anti-virus is guaranteed to be 100% perfect. That is why we always recommend taking great care that everything is always up to date care when surfing and downloading and keep a couple of extra tools around as a precaution - see the last link below. Not sure what works on a MAC so I assume you know better than I on that score.
Toronto ▪ Canada
Volunteer Moderator - Consumer Products
I CAN'T HELP PRIVATELY - PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS
Use Advanced Search To Find Answers
Try the following step to remove Mackeeper manually.
1. Click “Go” button on the menu bar and select “Go to Folder…”
2. Input /Library/LaunchDaemons on popup dialog window and Press return, then a folder named “LaunchDaemons” will open.
3. Check the name of each file in the LauchAgents folder. If the file name is similar with “com.aedilic-Prajapati.plist” , “com.zpwzKxZz.plist” or “com.apple.athechyer.plist”, drag it to trash. You may have to input your login password while removing these files because these files have root privilege.
4. Go to “/Library/LaunchAgents” folder and remove all malicious files.
5. Go to “~/Library/LaunchAgents” folder and also remove all malicious files.
6. Empty trash bin and reboot system.