cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded from mac OS 10.9 to Sierra 10.12.2 and now McAfee deosn't work

After the upgrade it now says my MAC is at Risk and all the general preferences are greyed out.

The web site says McAfee is supported on Sierra 10.12.0  or higher

Thanks

13 Replies
Reliable Contributor catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 14

Re: Upgraded from mac OS 10.9 to Sierra 10.12.2 and now McAfee deosn't work

Moved from Community Support to Mac Products >Discussions

As it is more appropiate.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Reliable Contributor selvan
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 14

Hello Wayne

McAfee does support macOS 10.12. Please see article How to prepare a Mac running MIS for a Mac OS upgrade

The above article contains steps to remove existing MAC Security and install fresh from your Online account.

cyberdude
Level 11
Message 4 of 14

hello catdaddy,

in the dutchforum section there is a family who has bought a new laptop with MacOs High Sierra 10.13

they have tried to install McAfee and it seems ok after installation, but there comes the message;

The Internet security software failed to launch......

after contacting the mcafee support by chat they were informed that mcafee does not support this MacOs.

it should take at least 1 or 2 weeks when it would be ready to roll out for MacOs High Sierra 10.13........

could you perhaps ask your mcafee contact or selvan if this family has to wait all this time from being protected by McAfee ?

Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 14

I will ping Selvan on your behalf.Did you see Post #2?

​  Could you assist Cyberdude?

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
cyberdude
Level 11
Message 6 of 14

hello catdaddy,

thank you for your help.

yes i have seen postno.2 from selvan. i have mentioned this to the family in question already. the post is about upgrading from a existing macos to what to do when you receive a upgrade of the macos.....

however the family has a brand new laptop with the latest release of MacOs High Sierra 10.13 on it.

sofar they can't get it to work. the chat representive has said that it would take another 1 or 2 weeks for it could be installed on this system ......

i find it strange that when a new os version is released that a av company in general would not be ready for it......

well i hope selvan has some info for this family to offer.......

Reliable Contributor selvan
Reliable Contributor
Message 7 of 14

Hello

McAfee has made a compatible version of security suite for macOS High Sierra 10.13. The versions are below

3.9 or 4.1

For the issue posted here, a simple reboot of the MAC should resolve it. Let me know otherwise

Reliable Contributor
Message 8 of 14

Thank you Mate

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
cyberdude
Level 11
Message 9 of 14

thank you for asking selvan for help.

thank you for your assistance and suggestion.

the suggestion you have mentioned to reboot the computer after installation did not fixed the problem. the last past days the family has at least tried 10 times to install. taken the steps in account that was provided in the service document;

Antivirus Software and Internet Security For Your PC or Mac | McAfee

they have erased the old file first, than downloaded a new file. this is only  few minutes old.the solfware version they see is 4.1.0 and is from september and sofar it will not install on Mac High Sierra 10.13

they were told that this version is not yet ready for this OS by McAfee chat. should take 1 or 2 weeks or more before ready.......the McAfee chat has told them that they will be called if it was fixed. they awating this call but maybe you could offer them some help ?

no protection currently......

is it perhaps possible for you to get in contact in the Dutch section with this family ?

below is the link that brings you to the topic. english is not a problem i believe.

hello mr. selvan,

in addition of the info i provided above i can add that they are receiving the following message, see image below;

does this help you perhaps to identify what is causing the problem ?

Screen Shot 2017-10-07 at 19.18.36.png

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community