cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

McAfee Firewall will not turn on

Jump to solution

Hi,

I installed McAfee LiveSafe 4.5.5.0 (212) yesterday and have issues enabling the McAfee firewall on my mac book pro running macOS Mojave 10.14 (18A391)

When I attempt to turn the FW on, I get a pop up window asking me permission to "load our software from the Security & Privacy pane".

I click "OK", simultaneously the "System Preferences" "Security & Privacy" window pops up.

Then nothing happens, the McAfee FW stays off.

I have already tried uninstalling and installing McAfee LiveSafe.

I also disabled the mac firewall, in case it was some sort of permissions problem by which McAfee wasn't allowed to turn the macOS FW off.

I rebooted the laptop.

If anyone has any pointers, please advise.

Thanks in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Moderator Karthik_K
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: McAfee Firewall will not turn on

Jump to solution

Hi @gekkeaap

This issue is caused by a change to the standard installation procedure in macOS. Please follow the article below and update us the status

https://service.mcafee.com/webcenter/portal/cp/home/articleview?locale=en-US&articleId=TS102735

Regards,
Karthik K

2 Replies
Highlighted
Moderator Karthik_K
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

Hi @gekkeaap

This issue is caused by a change to the standard installation procedure in macOS. Please follow the article below and update us the status

https://service.mcafee.com/webcenter/portal/cp/home/articleview?locale=en-US&articleId=TS102735

Regards,
Karthik K

Jump to solution
Thanks! worked like a charm!

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community