cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Help: Encrypted + McAfee =SLOW

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015) 2.9 GHz Intel Core i5 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3 Sierra 10.12.3

For school I had to have my MBP encrypted and virus software installed. Ever since, it has incredibly miserable to work on! My computer was previously fast with no problems and never had trouble keeping up with any of my use. Now it constantly freezes up, giving me the spinning color wheel. If I try to use spotlight, it freezes. Open up a new tashowboxb, it freezes. Etc., etc. This has made even simple tasks a huge headache!. Running on my external monitor has become next to impossible as well, as this only seems to clog up everything more.

I'm hoping I can get some advice about anythusps trackinging that can be done, besides having it unencrypted and virus software un-installed. Unfortunately, that's not an option. The IT guy on campus told me that the computer shouldn't be any slower, etc, because the encryption is "native," and the problem is probably that I'm running on Sierra. He said he could downgrade my OS, but I don't think that will fix the problem as it was glitchy before I upgraded to Sierra and I really can't afford to go without my laptop right now.

Any advice is appreciated. Sorry if I left out necessary details, etc. I'm not very familiar with the intricacies of all of this.

1 Reply
Highlighted

Re: Help: Encrypted + McAfee =SLOW

Hi @starsmixi42 

We are sorry for the inconvenience, please let us know the name and version of McAfee installed in the MAC 

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community