cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advanced Mac Tuneup Malware not found on McAfee scan. How do I remove it?

I just realized this malware was installed on my computer.  I was so confused because it looked like additional security protection.  But when I went to uninstall it, it wouldn't let me.  When I went to scan using the McAfee Full Scan it came across a "suspicious item" that was quarantined.  then it says "We ran a virus scan and now your save"  But when I run it again, its found over and over again.  Do I have to buy another product to remove it for good?Screen Shot 2019-04-05 at 9.01.50 PM.png

2 Replies

Re: Advanced Mac Tuneup Malware not found on McAfee scan. How do I remove it?

Hi Vegas1L,

Let us know version of McAfee and macOS of your machine.

Regards

AKS

Highlighted

Re: Advanced Mac Tuneup Malware not found on McAfee scan. How do I remove it?

Hi Vegas1L,

The issue occurred because of 3rd party fake applications installed in the computer. You may try the steps below to clear unwanted 3rd party fake applications.

# Click the Finder icon. In the Finder window, select “Applications”. In the applications folder, look for “MPlayerX”,“NicePlayer”, or other suspicious applications & move to trash.

# Also check in the Finder window, select “Macintosh HD” in the “Library” folder select “Applications Support”

# Reset all browsers like (Safari+Chrome+Firefox)

# Also remove unwanted extensions in all web browsers

# Clear the cache + temp in “Macintosh HD” in the “Library” folder

# Also make sure Quarantine is empty in McAfee product

# Clear Trash

# Check for MAC updates

# Restart your MAC computer

# Check the Advanced Mac Tuneup issue.

Regards

AKS

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community