cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MVISION ePO Repository

Buenos Días

No he podido configurar un Reposostorio desde MVISION Epo , es diferente que en On-Premise, alguien sabe como funciona y como se configura???.

Gracias.

Alejandro Brochero C.

7 Replies
aguevara
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 8

Re: MVISION ePO Repository

Distributed repositories do not exist on Mvision ePO, we manage all this balancing for you,  ensure your machines can reach the URLs below:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB90878

Regards

Alejandro

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Hola buenos días

Entiendo perfectamente que en MVISON ePO no esxisten los reposistorios distribuidos, pero veo esta configuración en las directivas de McAfee Agent.

MA.jpg

Esto significa que si puedo realizar una configuración de repositorio en MVISION ePO, lo que no se es como seria la comfiguración, e implementarlo en el hambiente para 7 mil sistemas gestionados con diferentes sedes, y que los sistemas no tengan que ir a la Nube para actualizar los productos.

Tambien Observo la configuración de un Super Agente.

Super Agent.jpg

Gracias por la respuesta.

aguevara
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 8

the Super Agent in Mvison ePO has only relay capabilities and peer to peer, it doesnt have any capabilities and cant be configured as a distributed repository, you could submit a product idea 

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB60021

Regards

Alejandro

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 8

You should not need any additional distributed repositories.  Resources for repository requests are spread out among many repositories that are managed by us to ensure the servers are available to deliver content.  Is there a reason you want a distributed repository apart from that?

Was my reply helpful?

¿Hay alguna razón por la que desee un repositorio distribuido además de eso?......................"esa parte es para que los equipos no tengan que salir directamente a internet para buscar las actualizaciones, sino que vayan a un repositorio local como se hacia en On-Premise.
En nuestro caso, nosotros contamos con proxys, firewalls que restringen la navegación a internet"
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 8

You can enable peer to peer updating and choose a few systems for being a peer to peer server in the agent policy, but keep in mind that Mvision is an internet based application to manage your systems.  

I would suggest configuring your firewalls and proxies to allow the appropriate url's for mvision communication.  That still restricts internet browsing, but allows for content and policy updates from epo.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB90878

Was my reply helpful?

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 8

Additionally, peer to peer is for updates and deployments, not for agent communication.  

Was my reply helpful?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community