cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KeithM
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

EPO 5.10 Way to control defender and show version?

Jump to solution

Hi all

On a server workgroup with win 2016 and a centralised EPO, is there a way from the ePO to directly control Windows Defender policy?  Is there an extension maybe that is needed to ePO to  allow this?

Also is there a way to tell what version of Defender is installed on a McAfee client from the centralised ePO?  Can it be viewed from the Dashboards somehow?

Many thanks 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
aguevara
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

Re: EPO 5.10 Way to control defender and show version?

Jump to solution

There is no default dashboard/ query that can be used but you can create a new query and then use that query to display you this info on a dashboard, the query can be created like this:

1.png

then select Pie chart and from the drop down menu select the desired property:

2.png

click next and then save the query by giving it a name first:

3.png

Navigate to Dashboards  and click Dashboard Actions> New and give a name to your new dashboard and then click Add monitor

From the "Category" section select "queries" and drag and drop the queries icon to the newly created monitor:

4.png

A new window will show up and this is where you can choose your custom query:

5.png

once done click Save:

6.png

Regards

Alejandro

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

5 Replies
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

Are you referring to using this with MVision epo or on prem epo?  MVision epo already utilizes MVision Endpoint, which manages windows defender.  For on-prem epo, you would need to install the extensions and for both, deploy the product to the client systems.  Keep in mind that this would replace either ens or Virusscan.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

KeithM
Level 9
Message 3 of 6

Jump to solution
Hi thanks for reply. I believe I have MVision epo. It uses mvision endpoint 2107. Can I get the ePO to display what version of Defender is installed, either locally or on clients? Thanks
aguevara
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

On your system tree you can select the machine and it will display this properties, here are some screenshots from my lab:

First select the product under the Products Tab:

1.png

Then scroll down a bit and you will see this properties:

2.png

Regards

Alejandro

Was my reply helpful?

KeithM
Level 9
Message 5 of 6

Jump to solution
Thanks alejandro Can the "dashboards" view be customised to display any of that Windows defender information? I suspect Anti-virus signature version would be the most important and last update. can that be shown on dashboards so our end users can easily see? Many thanks
aguevara
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

There is no default dashboard/ query that can be used but you can create a new query and then use that query to display you this info on a dashboard, the query can be created like this:

1.png

then select Pie chart and from the drop down menu select the desired property:

2.png

click next and then save the query by giving it a name first:

3.png

Navigate to Dashboards  and click Dashboard Actions> New and give a name to your new dashboard and then click Add monitor

From the "Category" section select "queries" and drag and drop the queries icon to the newly created monitor:

4.png

A new window will show up and this is where you can choose your custom query:

5.png

once done click Save:

6.png

Regards

Alejandro

Was my reply helpful?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community