cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KeithM
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 7

EPO 5.10 Dashboard - can I show unmanaged systems?

Hi all

As per the title, is it possible to show a count of any unmanaged systems on the network in dashboard?

By unmanaged I (think I) mean, any computers that dont yet have an agent rolled out/installed to them.

Many thanks

6 Replies
aguevara
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 7

Re: EPO 5.10 Dashboard - can I show unmanaged systems?

It is possible, there is no default dashboard but you can use a query and then create a dashboard based on that query, please use the default query with name "Unmanaged Systems" and the create the dashboard as instructed here:

https://community.mcafee.com/t5/MVISION-ePO/EPO-5-10-Way-to-control-defender-and-show-version/m-p/70...

Regards

Alejandro

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

KeithM
Level 9
Message 3 of 7

Thanks for the reply

When I try to set up a new query, I cant find the 'unmanaged systems' query under any category of the drop downs.

At step 1 of creating the new query I have these options:

System Management

Events

PolicyManagement

Logging

Agent Statistics Information

Others

Roll up targets

Which one of those should I be selecting?  I tried Others->MVISION Endpoint but then on the next step where pie chart is configured I cant find Unmanaged  Systems in the Pie-Slice Labels drop down anywhere?

aguevara
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 7

The query exist already,  its a default query so no need to create a new one you can use the already created query on your new dashboard

1.png

KeithM
Level 9
Message 5 of 7

Ok thanks, I can see I have that query.

How do I assign it to a new monitor on the dashboard?  

Ive gone to dashboards, selected Queries in the Category drop down, dragged the queries icon over onto the dashboard.  I then get a pop up 'New Monitor.'

In 'Monitor content' dropdown when I open it there is no sign of Unmanaged systems.  All I have is a long list of various McAfee groups, Agent Management, Detections and Compliance, MVISION endpoint and so on.

Thanks

aguevara
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 7

Thats right, i cant add it either, not even a fresh new query with the same criteria, im not sure why that is but if you can could you please open a request with support so we can figure out the reason? if you can please share with me the SR number on a private message 

Regards

Alejandro

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

KeithM
Level 9
Message 7 of 7

I have raised an SR and pm'd you the number.

Thanks

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community