cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On-Premise ePO & MVISION EDR

Jump to solution

Hi

Our customer using on-premise ePO 7 for threat analysis we have install MVISION EDR.

But we cant see any dashboard of Threat Analysis. Kindly let us know how we can get this?

thanks

Madan

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: On-Premise ePO & MVISION EDR

Jump to solution

Hello Madan ,

Hope you have followed the Product guide and have deployed the MVISION EDR as per the Guide .

Kindly follow the below article to check the configuration and make sure EDR and ePO is connected to get all the relevant information .

https://docs.mcafee.com/bundle/mvision-endpoint-detection-and-response-install-guide/page/GUID-4BDF8...

Hope this helps .

Thank you . 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

Hello Madan ,

Hope you have followed the Product guide and have deployed the MVISION EDR as per the Guide .

Kindly follow the below article to check the configuration and make sure EDR and ePO is connected to get all the relevant information .

https://docs.mcafee.com/bundle/mvision-endpoint-detection-and-response-install-guide/page/GUID-4BDF8...

Hope this helps .

Thank you . 

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Jump to solution

HI

As per doc : 

you can install MVISION EDR locally on the McAfee ePO server.- this we have done

Log on to MVISION EDR as administrator - this we are unable to find on On-Premise Dashboard

We only see MVISION EDR icon under Menu - But when we click it open url ui.soc.mcafee.com.

But we want to use Mvision EDR at On-Premise not on cloud.

kindly check & revert

thanks

Madan

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

Unless I am completely mistaken, MVision EDR is a cloud-based SAAS product.

Installing EDR locally means installing the required extensions etc. to your on-prem ePO, configuring the cloud-bridge settings with your EDR account details (and setting the DXL cloud data bus to the right data centre) then using your on-prem ePO to deploy the EDR client to your endpoints.

This then allows your on-prem ePO to send data to MVision EDR, which is a separate cloud-based console you have to log on to, to see the EDR monitor, alerts etc.

At least that's how I read it, and have set up recently for our site.

I'm not a McAfee employee, so I could be wrong, but that's how I read the instructions and am using the service. 

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community