cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create server task to delete duplicate system on mvision ePO?

Jump to solution

This can be done under on-premises ePO under filter Managed Systems -> System name  -> Is duplicated but not on Mvision ePO whereby no filter option for managed systems.

The duplication will delete both duplicate and active/production system together.

Any advice?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LKS
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Re: How to create server task to delete duplicate system on mvision ePO?

Jump to solution

Hi User30176445,

I believe the steps would definitely available in MVISION ePO as well. In general to duplicate systems in on-prime ePO, we create a Queries&Reports and Create a new server task to execute the query.

Steps to configure Server Task :

* Goto Queries&Reports-->search by "Duplicate"-->select the default query and then duplicate.

* Once duplicated-->select pie chart as "Table"-->then modify content as per your requirement and save.

* Goto server task-->new server task-->under actions "Run Query" search the query which you created-->under Sub-Actions "Delete Systems"-->configure the schedule type and save.

Note : This task will delete all the systems including duplicate and active nodes. However, active nodes will communicate back as per ASCI interval time which you defined in Agent General policy.

If you do not prefer the above method, then you have to find out the duplicate machines by looking at the Last Communication and then delete.

Hope this information helps.

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a soultion" if this reply resolves your query!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
LKS
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

Hi User30176445,

I believe the steps would definitely available in MVISION ePO as well. In general to duplicate systems in on-prime ePO, we create a Queries&Reports and Create a new server task to execute the query.

Steps to configure Server Task :

* Goto Queries&Reports-->search by "Duplicate"-->select the default query and then duplicate.

* Once duplicated-->select pie chart as "Table"-->then modify content as per your requirement and save.

* Goto server task-->new server task-->under actions "Run Query" search the query which you created-->under Sub-Actions "Delete Systems"-->configure the schedule type and save.

Note : This task will delete all the systems including duplicate and active nodes. However, active nodes will communicate back as per ASCI interval time which you defined in Agent General policy.

If you do not prefer the above method, then you have to find out the duplicate machines by looking at the Last Communication and then delete.

Hope this information helps.

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a soultion" if this reply resolves your query!

View solution in original post

Jump to solution

Thanks much for the point out, that seem to be the same method on-premises ePO.

My bad 🙂

Regards,

LKS
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

Glad to assist.

martinph
Level 8
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

I can put a bit more polish on to this one to do what you really want, preserving the most recently communicating instance while the older ones are deleted.

Add a filter to the query for Last Communication > 1 day ago, that way the query won't return anything that is talking to it but will get rid of all the old junk.

I've just done this and it worked a treat.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community