Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 2

Excluding A Single User from MFA

Hello, I wanted to know if there is a way to exclude a single user from mfa, while forcing every other user to use MFA.

I have tried going to Users&Roles, but turning off the "Disable Multi Factor Authentication" Button will cause a problem because users will NOT be required to use MFA.

I have a specific user account for log collection, and i need to disable MFA for this account only while enforcing it on all other users.

can this be done in the cloud EPO?

1 Reply
ArunNirmal
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: Excluding A Single User from MFA

Hi @Former Member If you are referring to the CASB product i.e when you land in www.myshn.net, then this will not be handled from the ePO cloud side.

When you say "I have a specific user account for log collection", are you referring to the Enterprise connector/Cloud Connector Account? If so, I believe the "primary user" of a tenant should have the ability to select which user would be able to use MFA and which should not. The "Primary User" will have a star next to their name when you navigate to the "User Management" page. If you have access to this account, then you should be able to exclude the EC account from MFA. 

I hope this helps.

If you are still facing any difficulties in setting this up, I would suggest opening an SR with the support team at support.mcafee.com and provide screenshots of the account you are trying to exclude along with your tenant details.

Thanks!

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community