cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will the MOVE MP client transfer files to the SVM server for scanning

Jump to solution

when will the network transmission happen?

Files will be transferred after not hitting the local cache ?

Or just transfer MD5 hash to SVM server,and transfer the complete file after not hitting the global cache.

thanks~

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
aguevara
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 6 of 6

Re: When will the MOVE MP client transfer files to the SVM server for scanning

Jump to solution

my apologies for not been clear

The information we got from our developers is that files larger than 40 MB (by default) wont be send and instead only small chucks of their data indeed as you mention for a more efficient scanning

View solution in original post

5 Replies
aguevara
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

Jump to solution

Thank you. But I still don’t understand whether the file transfer actually happened in step 5 or step 6.

Step5 :If the publisher trust does not match, the scanner checks for the file in global cache in the SVM. If the file is present, the access is allowed.

In step 5, whether the client transfers the Hash to the SVM or transfers the file to the SVM. This means  the global cache can reduce network traffic or not.

thanks~

aguevara
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

It can indeed happen at that point but it depends on the file size configuration of the policy, by default the size is files smaller than 40 MBs, but you can configure deferred scans for large files :

https://docs.mcafee.com/bundle/move-antivirus-4.9.x-product-guide/page/GUID-879B9CD1-AD83-4E3A-96EA-...

if you dont use deferred scans then the client sent chunks of data/ offsets of data to the scanner

Jump to solution

Thank you for your reply!

But I still can’t understand how large file transfer works by sent chunks of data/ offsets .

I checked some documents. Does this mean a more efficient transfer method? In fact, large files still need to be transferred to the server.

Thanks~

aguevara
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

my apologies for not been clear

The information we got from our developers is that files larger than 40 MB (by default) wont be send and instead only small chucks of their data indeed as you mention for a more efficient scanning

View solution in original post

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community