cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

What is the difference between MOVE Offload Scan Server and MOVE Offload Server?

Jump to solution

Hello,

Sorry for the dumb question, but I'm a bit confused between those two. What's the difference (if any)?

We got a number of VMs and I'd like to offload scanning to a separate server, so I installed the latest ePO and deployed VSE and MOVE AV [Multi-Platform] Offload Scan Server 3.5.1.117 package on it. Virtual servers got MOVE AV [Multi-Platform] Client 3.5.1.117 installed. It seems that everything is working fine (they are able to communicate, retrieve the policy and etc.). But now if I go to Software Manager under ePO > Checked In Software > McAfee MOVE AntiVirus [Multi-Platform] 3.5 I see:

"Install - Offload Scan Server" (in description MOVE AV [Multi-Platform] Offload Scan Server 3.5.1) and

"Install - Offload Server" (in description MOVE AV [Multi-Platform] Offload Scan Server v3.5.1 HF)

The version is the same, the only difference is HF in the description which I guess stands for Hotfix? So are those two packages different?

Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

Re: What is the difference between MOVE Offload Scan Server and MOVE Offload Server?

Jump to solution

Both are same. We will get this name updated.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

Re: What is the difference between MOVE Offload Scan Server and MOVE Offload Server?

Jump to solution

Both are same. We will get this name updated.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 3

Jump to solution

It is updated now.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community