cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the correct procedure for migrating VSE 8.8 exclusions to Move AV MP 2.6.2?

I am looking for the correct procedure to migrate VSE  exclusions to the MOVE AV [Multi-Platform] Client 2.6.2 General policies in ePO

Many companies will have multiple policies for different types of servers. Sometimes these will count up to large quantities with many exclusions per server type.

There is an option in the MOVE client Policy to import new exclusions from a file:

move policy.PNG

I understand from this thread that the import button is meant for importing VSE exclusions.

What I am missing though is where to export these exclusions from the VSE policies?

vse policy.PNG

As you can see there is no option to export...

Now don't say you have to export using these buttons:
vse export.PNG

...because that does not work.

Now at the moment the only way I see to migrate them is to manually paste and copy each exclusion line from the VSE policy to the Move policy.

That is a lot of work and to my opinion does not look very professional towards the customer if you have to do it like that.

Thanks for your advise!

1 Reply
Highlighted

Re: What is the correct procedure for migrating VSE 8.8 exclusions to Move AV MP 2.6.2?

You have to select 'On Access Default Processes Policy' category and then click 'Export' on the specific policy you want to import exclusions from.  Then you can import that from the exclusions list in the MOVE policy.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community