cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade procedure from MOVE 3.0 to MOVE 3.5

Been reading through the product guide and don't see upgrade procedure for MOVE 3.0 to 3.5. Noticed note in MOVE-AV_HELP column: "Upgrade is not supported for version 3.5.0 Help Extension. Make sure that you remove the previous version of the Help extension, then install version 3.5.0 extension."

Please note this is for the agentless version.

5 Replies

Re: Upgrade procedure from MOVE 3.0 to MOVE 3.5

Hi there,

Please, find the info from product guide 3.5 agentless:

Sense títol.png

All the policies created in 3.0 will be upgraded to 3.5

Sense títol.png

For the help extension 3.5, you need to remove the help extension for 3.0 and check the help extension 3.5 as they are not compatible. You will not lose any policy as this is only help extension. Please be carefull and not delete the Move 3.0 extension and delete only the help extension.

If you have any other question, please let me know.

Best regards,

Jose Maria

Yes i do understand this. But will the upgrade option be available as soon as these checked in?

I know this thread is a few months old, but how did the 3.0 to 3.5 upgrade go for you? the documentation, and McAfee support, are making me think that when you upgrade to 3.5, your 3.0 appliances are no longer managed until you upgrade them. which leaves me without a way to test 3.5 on 1 or 2 hosts and then upgrade the remainder of my environment once my testing is done and verified functional. is that what you saw in your upgrade? do the 3.0 appliances continue to function, but not receive any updates or anything until they are upgraded to 3.5? or do they just stop communicating as a whole or...?

When you check in the extension 3.5 will take automatically the policies from version 3.0

Best regards,

Jose Maria

exbrit
Level 21
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 6 of 6

This does not belong in Consumer so have moved it to MOVE.