cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade McAfee Move to 4.8 from 3.5

HI There!

Requesting your advice to my SVA Manager upgrade. 

My current product and version is as attached.

I tried upgrading the OVF template to 4.8 but it fails to communicate with network, whereas I provide the same network details as the previous one. When I turn on the old one, am able to see it communicating to network and ping without any network loss. 

Old Agent version 4.8.0.1500

MOVE AV (Multi- Platform) SVA MAnager - 3.5.0.482

VSE for linux 2.0.028948

Advise me on this case, whether can I upgrade the current linux box or do I need to de-commission this one and create a new linux box to upgrade it.

Thanks for advise and update,

Aruna.SVA Manager properties.PNG

2 Replies
AjaySundar
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: Upgrade McAfee Move to 4.8 from 3.5

Hi @ArunaPalanisamy,

Good day to you!

The MOVE upgrades to any new version are supported only from version 3.6.x.

Hence we recommend you remove the existing setup and deploy a new SVM Manager in this case.

If the new deployment of the SVM Manager fails please check if you are using a supported ePo version. If that has been checked please enable the orion debug logging, reproduce the issue and open a service request with the support team to investigate this further.

How to enable orion debug:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB81604

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

AJ

Re: Upgrade McAfee Move to 4.8 from 3.5

Hi Ajay,

Thanks a million for response!

We do have ePO version 5.9.1.

Let me give a try by decommissioning the previous one and try deploying on new one. 

Thanks! 

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community